We have recently created new WebSmart example programs and published many KB articles that may be useful to you. Also, registration closes on Saturday for the WebSmart ILE online training, and there are some new updates you should be aware of.
WebSmart 8.8 IDE Update
WebSmart 8.8 Feature Spotlight: jQuery
WebSmart 8.2 Updates
Just before releasing WebSmart 8.8 we had created a few updates for WebSmart 8.2. You can find more information about these updates at the WebSmart server and client side updates history pages.
These fixes are included in version 8.8, but if you aren’t ready to upgrade and would rather just apply them as updates to your current installation of version 8.2, email us to request download instructions.
Last call for WebSmart ILE Online Training
Registration for next week’s first WebSmart ILE online training course ends this Saturday. You can attend these 2 hour courses from the convenience of your office at the low cost of $149 per course. You can register for individual courses or all of the following topics: WebSmart templates, intro to PML, passing parameters, getting user input and validating the data, stateless programming and security. Enroll or learn more >>.
New Code Samples
We have published several code samples you can use as you create WebSmart applications:
- Example 214 illustrates how to use jQuery to quickly display list record details in a pop-up window without loading a separate page.
- In Example 213 we helped a client resolve a validation problem where users were submitting data that included specific characters they could not have in their files.
- Example 206 describes the steps to create a web service using PHP and SOAP.
Let us know if you have any questions or comments on these, or need help implementing them!
New KB Articles
Our Tech Team has also been busy writing new KB articles. Here is a sampler:
- A solution to a problem with PHP programs timing out before fully loading very large pages.
- Information on how to work with PDF and Excel files in your PHP programs.
- How to check which WebSmart service programs are currently used by your applications (a great new feature in WS 8.8!)
- A way to add compiler directives to your programs via the PML.
- Advice on where to look if you have issues with user-written functions after an upgrade.
- Suggestions on how to use SQL scalar functions for enhanced functionality in the PML.
- Information on the option to log program execution time.
- An approach to limiting the number of records returned by a Clover report.
- A technique for adding post-processing actions (deleting a work file) to Clover programs.
These are just a few of the new articles. There are also many others that include troubleshooting and error information for obscure compile and runtime errors.