We recently discovered that our Data Scrubbing feature has created a potential security vulnerability in Presto.
While this feature is not enabled by default, if you use or plan to use this feature, please contact Technical Support to get an update to resolve this problem.
Catapult 8.0.0 is now available for download from our our website or myBCDsoftware.com.
This release includes the installation files for the latest version of Spool-Explorer. As a result, you’ll need to install Catapult with the new IBM i command XL_CATINST/CATINSTALL.
Error messages are an important part of the WebSmart PHP development process, providing valuable information that you can use to fix and improve your scripts. If your script encounters an error, PHP normally displays the error in the browser and, if the error is fatal, stops execution of the script.
But you can override this default functionality, replacing it with your own function that handles errors at runtime. This is a simple two-step process that involves defining your error-handling function and setting it to handle errors in your script with set_error_handler().
Nexus 4.09 is now available for download from myBCDSoftware.com or our public website. You can upgrade directly to version 4.09 from any release 3.60 or higher.
This version includes a number of fixes and enhancements, including:
- New single view of all the distribution rules that displays all of the rule parameters.
- New ECM default setting for how newly added documents should open, so they can be opened in a new window by default.
- Added the rule number to be displayed in the Distribution Rules portlet.
- Increased the size of the Welcome Message edit box in Site Settings.
- Increased the length of the DropDown Menu title to 25 characters from 16.
- Restored the option to browse the ECM to create a hyperlink in an ECM document.
- Resolved an issue where documents were not purged from all sites.
- Resolved an issue where an incorrect icon was set as the default for an ECM object.
- Resolved an issue where the application smurf was deleted when logging back into Nexus.
Please visit the Nexus Updates page to review the complete list of fixes and enhancements.
If you have any questions about upgrading or the new features, please get in touch with Technical Support!
As part of our Presto Learning Series, Scott Honeyman recently released a new video (3:29) that shows you how to change the logo of your Presto skin.
Presto skins are designed with a header area that includes a default logo with some generic text describing the entire site. But you can replace this logo with any image of your choice. All you need to do is upload your image file (you can use the Presto designer), note the image filename, and change the skin to use that filename.
Once you complete these steps, your site will have a new logo that reflects your business or organization.