Presto 6.2 is now available for download from our customer portal, myBCDsoftware.com, and our public website. Highlights of this release include a mobile signature capture Visual Editor element and SQL query preview.
WebSmart 10.8 is now available for download from myBCDsoftware.com and our public website. This release includes several new features for the ILE edition, such as inline RPG editing, that give programmers more flexibility when developing web applications. Staying up-to-date with current technologies is also important so we updated the versions of SmartCharts and jQuery that both editions of WebSmart use.
Presto 6.1 is now available for download from our customer portal, myBCDsoftware.com, and our public website. This release contains several new features including a collapsible mobile side menu, the ability to reconnect after losing your Internet connection and various Visual Editor enhancements.
If you’re attending COMMON’s Annual Meeting and Exposition in Anaheim, drop by the Quadrant and BCD Software booth (#101) where you can enter to win a GoPro Hero3 camera. While you’re there, we’ll be happy to answer your technical questions, demo the newest releases and discuss how our recent partnership expansion with Zend can benefit you.
We also invite you to attend our sessions:
- Sunday, April 26 (12:30 PM – 01:45 PM): Rapidly Develop PHP Desktop and Mobile Applications with WebSmart PHP
- Sunday, April 26 (12:30 PM – 01:45 PM): Giving Greens Screens the Web GUI They Need with Presto
- Monday, April 27, 2015 (02:00 PM – 03:15 PM): Deliver First-Rate Mobile Applications Using Your Existing Skills with Presto and WebSmart
Let us know if you’ll be there!
This release includes the following enhancements:
- Added keyboard shortcuts to increase and decrease the font size in the editor (CTRL +/-)
- New demo library file called MU_DATEF simplifies date-based SQL queries
- Improved auto formatting of PHP array declarations
- Mass PDW generation now supports fixed format definitions
- You can now use Alt+D and Alt+U as hotkeys to control the search direction
If you have any questions about upgrading or the new features, please get in touch with Technical Support!
Please note that we’re able to provide full support for approximately the last three releases. If you’re still running WebSmart 10.0 or older, we recommend you make plans to upgrade as soon as possible.
IBM recently published a security bulletin about an SSLv3 vulnerability called the Padding Oracle On Downgraded Legacy Encryption (POODLE) attack. This vulnerability could give a remote attacker plaintext access to what would otherwise be an encrypted SSL session.
SSLv3 is enabled by default on the IBM HTTP Server, so we recommend disabling SSL and using TLS exclusively for https. With the exception of IE6 on Windows XP, most of today’s browsers connect using TLSv1 by default. SSLv3 is really only in place for older browsers and compatibility but because it’s now vulnerable, IBM recommends switching that protocol off.
The highlight of this release is the ability to resequence ECM documents within a folder. To resequence your ECM documents, select a folder, then navigate to the Change Web Object tab in the ECM Maintenance window. From there, you can sort documents by when they were added, their type, or their title.