Recently, IBM Systems Magazine profiled Seneca Sawmill Company, a sustainable timber processing mill that uses BCD tools to automate many time-consuming manual processes.
Here’s how Seneca has reduced paperwork and improved the mill’s operational efficiency (which may give you ideas for an upcoming project!):
- A WebSmart-developed mobile web application gives truck loaders the ability to draw load diagrams using their finger on iPads, then save the diagrams to the IFS.
- Shipping personnel, including forklift operators, use Nexus Portal and WebSmart web applications to access orders on desktops and iPads.
- Several internal web applications developed with WebSmart ILE and Clover allow mill supervisors to input statistical information for morning reports via a web browser.
- IBM i spooled reports are automatically routed to specific personnel via email with Catapult.
- Presto was used to give a graphical interface to a human resources application.
- Twin large screen TVs in the sales department run a real-time program that shows total sales and shipments by mill and location (today and month-to-date).
We always enjoy seeing our customers’ IT initiatives showcased in industry publications and on our own website. If you have a story that you’d like to share with us, please contact Candice Schultz.