Many IBM i organizations have large, undocumented systems that make it difficult to onboard new staff. These organizations also find it difficult to analyze the impact of changes to the applications. Sound familiar?
Please join us tomorrow (Tuesday, July 19th) at 3pm EDT to learn how Fresche’s application analysis and documentation suite, X-Analysis, can help you better maintain, enhance and evolve your IBM i applications. You’ll learn how you can use X-Analysis to:
- Quickly onboard new staff with application and database documentation
- Reduce risk & simplify maintenance with automated impact analysis
- Make informed decisions with a 360-degree view of your applications and data that everyone can understand
- Get IBM i application projects out the door faster
We hope to see you there!
While this extension is not enabled by default, you may be using the extension in PHP or have it enabled, in which case please follow the instructions in Zend’s security notice.
Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
Highlights of this release include:
- Minimum IBM i OS release is V6R1
- You can now launch the log in a browser
- Presto supports custom naming of the signature pad png file
- Table detection improvements
Please note that we’re able to provide full support for approximately the last five releases. If you’re still running Presto 6.0 or older, we recommend you make plans to upgrade as soon as possible.
COMMON’s Annual Meeting and Exposition in New Orleans is just around the corner and we’re looking forward to seeing you those of you who are attending.
Please let us know if you’ll be there so we can share
details with you about a special Quadrant and BCD event!
While you’re at the show, please stop by the Quadrant and BCD Software booth (#515) where you can enter to win a pair Bose QuietComfort headphones. We’ll be on hand to answer your technical questions and show you the latest releases including Presto’s skin editor, WebSmart’s responsive templates, WebSmart for Node.js and Formtastic 10.
We also invite you to attend our session, “Rapidly Create First-Rate Mobile Applications with BCD Solutions,” on Monday, May 16 at 2pm.
See you in NOLA!
Tradeshow season is quickly approaching and the BCD-Quadrant team is looking forward to attending several IBM i conferences and user groups. If you’re attending any of the following events, please check out our sessions and stop by our booth for technical demos and exciting information about the latest releases.
- WMCPA: March 15-17 in Delavan, WI
- See our WebSmart PHP demo in the Rich UI Tech Showcase on Tuesday.
- RPG & DB2 Summit: March 22-23 in Dallas, TX
- Contact us for a promo code to save $200 off your individual Summit registration!
- NEUGC: April 11-13 in Framingham, MA
- COMMON: May 15-28 in New Orleans
- Register by April 14 to save $200 with the Early Bird Rate!
- Attend our session on Monday: Rapidly Create First-Rate Mobile Applications with BCD.
We hope to see you this Spring!
As our product line evolves, we strive to keep up-to-date with IBM OS/400 release levels while giving you enough time to plan for these changes. This allows us to use current technologies in our products and to make those technologies accessible to you from within our products.
IBM discontinued support for V5R4 on September 30, 2013. Any future BCD product releases and updates will require IBM i 6.1 as the minimum OS/400 release level.
The following versions of our products are the last releases that can be installed on V5R4:
- Presto 6.2
- WebSmart PHP 10.10.0
- WebSmart ILE 10.10.0
- Clover 10.10.0
- Catapult 8.0.0
- Nexus 4.10
- ProGen Plus 9.70 (Update PG97006)
- Spool-Explorer 8.0.0
- File-Flash Plus 4.50
- DbGen 2.5 (Update DB25R0002)
- Docu-Mint 6.6
This release includes the following enhancements:
- WebSmart ILE now supports qualified data structures. You can use these to prevent field naming collisions between your structures
- You can now set *OBJLIB as the default library list for an IBM i connection
If you have any questions about upgrading or the new features, please get in touch with Technical Support!
Please note that we’re able to provide full support for approximately the last five releases. If you’re still running WebSmart 10.2 or older, we recommend you make plans to upgrade as soon as possible.
We recently released some exciting Presto features, including a mobile app for iOS devices and version 6.3, which is available for download from our customer portal, myBCDsoftware, and our public website. Highlights of Presto 6.3 include inline editing in tabs and the ability to copy all transformations from one screen to another within the Visual Editor.